Top Lite Installation
Two installation options are available. You can stick the Top Lite™ to the inside surface of the toolbox using the supplied foam tape, or you can use screws.
Considerations before installing the Top Lite:
- Location - The LED lamps are directional. Experiment in a darkened
garage or at night to see how the light illuminates your desired
area. (3 AAA batteries required, not included.)
- Leave enough space on each side so the screws can be removed
for battery exchange later.
- If you're in the habit of leaving your toolbox or cover open
for long periods, place the Top Lite so that it can be easily
reached. This allows you to turn the manual switch off while the
cover is open and will extend the life of the batteries.
- If using the provided foam tape, be sure to clean the mounting
surface with rubbing alcohol before mounting.
Installation using the provided foam tape:
- Install 3 AAA batteries (not included) in battery holder. Polarity
is shown inside the holder. Do not reattach the base to the light at this time.
- Experiment with light to find the
best mounting location. Best to do this in the dark if possible.
- Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and dry with a clean cloth.
- Peel off backing from both tape strips on base of the Top Lite™..
- Carefully place and stick base to mounting surface.
- For best results, allow the foam tape to "cure" for
about 24 hrs. before fastening the light module to the base. This
will ensure a strong bond before weight is applied to the tape.
(This is an important step!)
Installation using screws:
- The Top Lite base is pre-drilled so it can be screwed
to the mounting surface. Length and size of screw will depend
on what the light is being mounted to.
- Separate the light module portion of the Top Lite from
the base by removing the screw on each side.
- Install 3 AAA batteries according to the polarity markings in
the battery holder.
- Experiment with the light to determine the best mounting location.
- Hold the base in place and mark the location to drill a hole
in the mounting surface.
- Screw the base to the mounting surface, then reattach the light
module to the base.
© Redline Technical Group, Inc.
All text and photos are property of
Redline Technical Group, Inc.